Sunday, July 12, 2026

Day 7, Saturday, 7/11/26

 Started the day with another bike ride, a slightly different route.



The ochre cliffs of Rousillon


I was back at our B&B by 8 AM, just enough time to shower before breakfast.

Saturdays are market days in Apt.  One of the things Joni most loves about France!







One of my favorite things about market days is people watching.



Finding a parking space is always a challenge on market days, and I had to walk about 3/4 from the spot I finally found to the market,  Despite the length and the 90° heat, I enjoy checking out the cars.  This looks like a VW thing, but it is actually a fiberglass copy made by Citroen.

And lastly I get to see the latest political posters.  This is Marie Le Pen, France's version of Donald Trump.  She too is a convicted felon, but very likely to win in their upcoming election.

Leaving the Market just after noon, we headed to the local laundry. Nothing there is blog photo worthy.  We then dumped off our clothes and headed to the village of Joucas hoping for a light lunch at La Terrace.  Unfortunately we were too late, so we had to settle for some cold drinks, raspberries, and a cold pastry.  

Neither of us could identify what was inside the pastry.  I thought it was OK, Joni hated it.

This simple lunch did allow us to get back to the B&B, nap, and take a swim before we had to lleave for our dinner destination, the Bistrot de Lagarde.

We've eaten here 5 or 6 times before, and it is one of our favorites.  It's located on the summit of the Vaucluse Plateau, on property that was originally part of France's cold war missile defense system.  Along the road up to the restaurant we passed several missile silos.


These owners are amazing.  They do it all from cooking, to serving, to washing the floor in the kitchen, and they do it with incredible enthusiasm.



Amuse bouche #1

Amuse bouche #2

Eggplant parm...see the menu above for details

A fine rosé from a vineyard in nearby Goult.

sea bass..see the menu above for details

poultry with a zucchini tart..see the menu above for details

A cheese plate..see the menu above for details

melon..see the menu above for details

espresso with a variety of delicacies...obviously not simple cookies or biscuits

This meal was fantastic!

2 comments:

  1. 8+ miles on the bike pre-breakfast ? Congratualations ! You're a better man than me. Keep on trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were a Cardinals fan! The foods are beyond, beyond!

    ReplyDelete